Gemeente Toerisme Damme

Mill of Oostkerke

The brick corn-mill of Oostkerke is built upon a rampart. In the 14th century on this place stood a wooden spindle-mill which belonged to the Lords of Oostkerke. A violent fire destroyed the mill in 1874. Within the same year, a stone mill was built.

The protected monument was restorated in 1970-1973 and in 1988-1991. Now the mill is working as a corn-mill.

Share this page

Visit Damme

Jacob van Maerlantstraat 3 8340 Damme Phone+32 (0)50 28 86 10 toerisme@damme.be

Today

open 13.00-17.00 h.

Tomorrow

open 13.00-17.00 h.