The Schellemolen was built in 1867 on the walls of an old wooden mill. There had been a mill for ages at the same place. Traces go back as far as 1267, when Margaret of Constantinople sold its rights. There is an oil-mill inside the windmill.
Visits outside opening hours are possible with a guide after reservation at Toerisme Damme.