Gemeente Toerisme Damme


Up to 1660 the Lieve was channelled through the ramparts of the town by means of two walls. Afterwards the course of the river was led outside the town. A munition depot was built using the old walls. Other munition-depots were on both sides of the now-demolished entrance-gate of Our Lady. Bats have made their home in one of them.

Share this page

Visit Damme

Jacob van Maerlantstraat 3 8340 Damme Phone+32 (0)50 28 86 10

For professionals