Up to 1660 the Lieve was channelled through the ramparts of the town by means of two walls. Afterwards the course of the river was led outside the town. A munition depot was built using the old walls. Other munition-depots were on both sides of the now-demolished entrance-gate of Our Lady. Bats have made their home in one of them.
This location is not publicly accessible.